Cooking and finding new recipes to try have always been a struggle to me. I do not have the creativity to make new meals everyday, nor the experience to wing other cuisine’s recipes. I recently wrote an article about Chef Cook it, a cooking service that delivers not only the recipes, but also the ingredients and right portions needed right at your door. You can read more about this amazing service by clicking right here!
I have been subscribed to Cook It for 4 weeks and I have been loving it. I wanted to share with you my favourite recipes as I know you will absolutely love them! I am planning on sharing 1-2 recipes by month and I really hope it will interest all the foodies at there. The very first meal that caught my eye, or appetite should I say, was the Shrimp and Salsa Verde. This meal tastes so amazingly fresh and it only took me 30 minutes to prepare. It was one of the very first recipe I tried and it definitely brought the bar up for all the other meals I received that same week.
Ingredients – For 2 portions
200g of shrimps
1 garlic clove
0.5 bunch of parsley and dill
2 lebanese cucumbers
1 pack of honey
15ml of capers
180ml of orzo
5 tbs olive oil
1. Cook the orzo.
2. Finely chop the parsley, dill, garlic, capers and the shallot. Cut the cucumber in small cubes.
3. Heat a pan with a drizzle of oil and cook the shrimp 3-4 minutes until they turn pink.
4. In a bowl, mix the orzo with the shallot, cucumber, 1/4 of the herbs and the juice of half a lemon. Add salt and pepper.
5. In another bowl, add the rest of the herbs with the capers, garlic, the honey and the juice of half a lemon. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper. Here is your salsa verde!
6. Serve the shrimp on the orzo and garnish with the salsa verde. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This has been saved in my Recipe folder and I cannot wait to cook it again. Let me know if you try this one out! I will see you all in my next blog post <3
Don’t forget to follow me on social media!