My mother loves to cook and bake. On weekends, she likes to surprise our family with a little something that will make us (and our tummies) very happy. I took this picture a few months ago when she just freshly baked these beautiful lemon madeleines and got so many questions about the recipe! Here it is, a few months later but better late than never right? 😉 This recipe was taken from our beloved Ricardo. You can find so many easy and delicious recipes on his website!
Let me know if you try out these madeleines!
3/4 cup of unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 lemon grated zest
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, the baking soda and the salt. Set aside.
2. In a second bowl, beat the eggs and add the sugar and the lemon zest. Mix with an electric mixer for 5 minutes – until the mixture forms a ribbon.
3. Gently fold in the dry ingredients with a whisk. Fold the butter in the same way. Cover the mixture and refrigerate it for minimum 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400F with the rack in the middle positin. Butter and flour the madeleine pan and set aside.
5. Fill up the pan up to 3/4 with a batter. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the madeleines become golden-brown. *The time for standard-sized madeleines is 14 minutes.
6. Remove the madeleines from the pan and let them cool completely. Serve with lemon curd and enjoy the deliciousness!
Don’t forget to follow me on my social media! <3